Friday, November 6, 2009

God's strength

I am reading a book by Donna Partow called Becoming a Vessel of God's Power and she writes about letting God tell you what and who to pray for... so yesterday I did just that - started with a blank piece of paper instead of a "prayer list" and God led me to pray for a sister in Christ. First He led me to His Word and then the prayer follows. Feel free to substitute your name :)

Isaiah 40:29-31
He gives the power to those who are tired and worn out; he offers strength to the weak. Even youths will become exhausted, and young men will give up. But those who wait on the Lord will find strength. They will fly high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.

Daddy, I come before you as your humble daughter.
I praise you for your power and your love. Your mercy. Your strength.
You are the king of kings and lord of lords.
Thank you for all your good gifts.
Precious Father, I lift up my sister, Jan, to you.
You give power to the tired, overwhelmed and the weary.
You freely give your strength to those who are weak.
Lord, I submit Jan to you as one who is tired and weak. As one who needs and deeply desires Your power and strength.
Your call is for her to wait on You so that You may give her new strength -
Your strength.
May she feel as if she is flying high on eagle's wings.
She will provide meals and love to her family and not grow weak.
She will serve You with tasks for Emmaus and her church family - all the things that need to get done and not grow faint.
Lord, I pray that she fully surrenders to you.
Further I ask that what you need her to do will get completed and what she does not get completed she will rest in the knowledge that it was not hers to complete.
Help her to live in Your Freedom and Love.
May all she accomplishes, in Your strength, be for your glory for I know that is her deepest desire.
Beyond the tasks and cooking, Lord, I pray that Jan finds rest for her soul.
Help her to sit at your feet even as she goes through busy days.
Father, be her Shepherd, so that she will not be in want.
Make her lie down in green pastures.
Lead her beside still waters and restore her soul!
Lord, we know that your yoke is easy and your burden-light.
Jan comes to you weary and with heavy burden so that you can give her rest for her soul even in the midst of busyness.
Help her to hear your invitation to learn the rhythm of Your grace.
Your grace is more powerful than her work and our Enemy.
Help her trust your Love more than her own efforts.
In Jesus' name.
Amen.

No comments: