Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Faith, Belief, Trust

An insight given to me by my beloved, Jesus... (November 2009)

Faith is when belief marries trust. When I truly believe I am valued and loved by God so much that he gave his one and only Son for me, and when I trust that God keeps His Word, then I can act on that belief and trust in obedience allowing Him to transform me from the inside out. Acting on belief and trust, living out God's great love for me by sharing it with others - that is faith.

Hebrews 11:1 "What is faith? It is the confident assurance that what we hope for is going to happen. It is the evidence of things we cannot see."
Confident assurance is trust and what we hope for is going to happen is belief- again faith is when belief marries trust.
Evidence of things we cannot see, yet when we look for the things we cannot see and believe... when we are prayerful and watchful we see glimpses of eternity and we learn that believing is seeing! When we believe we see. We see Jesus, we see love, we see His Kingdom. Praise God!

No comments: