Tuesday, February 3, 2009

God's Love

1 Corinthians 13: 4-7

Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. Love does not demand its own way. Love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged. It is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

Love is not a feeling, it is action.
I acted on your behalf by sending My Son, not only to save you from eternal death but to save you for Love.
Relationship with Me and with others is My higest calling for you.
Don't you think I know how hard the love I describe and prescribe in My Word is for you?
That is why I come to live in your heart.
You are right, without Me this Love is impossible, but with Me all things are possible.
Oh the joy, the blessings, the abundant Life that awaits your simple obedience to My Word.
When you learn to order your life around this value, make love and relationships your Priority, then you will live the abundant Life I have planned for you.
Love Me, Love others.
Simple words, hard action and your effort is required.
Choose the Life of Discipleship. Following hard after Me requires discipline.
Is it so much easier to pick the lesser thing, but as you have learned and are still learning you feel empty with the lesser things- choose the better part.
Yes, the words that describe the Love I call you to pierce your heart, but don't wallow in your failure. Instead rejoice that I am teaching you, bit by bit, step by step, how to love the way I love.
I have designed it to take your lifetime!
I rejoice in all the little and big ways you choose love.
I don't expect you to run until you have crawled and walked.
You are never alone.
I am with you always.
I will be here when you fail, loving you, keeping no record of wrongs, picking you up so you can continue to walk with Me.
Just never give up.
I am your Redeemer, your Lover, your friend.
It is not about striving. It is about loving Me and receiving My love for you.
It is not about trying. It is about doing and learning through success and failure.
It is about being still and knowing Me.
It is about loving Me by loving others.
Take My hand and let's walk.

2 comments:

Copyright © Kim Furlow said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Skoots1moM said...

i miss seeing u!!