Thursday, January 22, 2009

Don't be afraid, just trust Me

Mark 5:22-23, 35-37
A leader of the local synagogue, whose name was Jairus, came and fell down before him, pleading with him to heal his little daughter. "She is about to die," he said in desperation. "Please come and place your hands on her; heal her so she can live." While he was speaking to her, messengers arrived from Jairus' home with the message, "Your daughter is dead. There's no use troubling the Teacher now." But Jesus ignored their comments and said to Jairus, "Don't be afraid. Just trust me." Then Jesus stopped the crowd and wouldn't let anyone go with him except Peter, James and John.

Humble yourself before Me.
Come to Me, even when others tell you it's no use.
You are not a trouble - the tiny and big details of your life are not a trouble to Me.
I want you to come to Me and tell Me everything.
I am in the details of your life.
I am the details of your life.
I have purpose in even the smallest details of your life.
Lean in - Lean on - Trust Me.
Don't be afraid for if I am with you, and I am with you, who can be against you?
Others may laugh at your trust in Me, but trust anyway.
Notice I stopped the crowd. Not even all the disciples were invited to see this miracle.
Peter, James and John were often with Me as they were sometimes slower to believe, to trust, to humble themselves. Sound like anyone you know?
But in the end the difference was made in our relationship.
They loved Me more than their lives - they took the road less travelled.
Will you?
Fear is not greater than My love for you.
Do not let fear paralyze you.
Don't be afraid, Just trust Me.
Resist fear by trusting Me.
Focus on Me.
Look beyond the veil of the earthly, the temporary to the heavenly, the eternal.
Remember, celebrate and praise who I am, whose you are, and what I have done, am doing, and will do in you and My Kingdom.
Remember I know who you are becoming.
I am drawing you to Me.
My purpose is to have you be My witness to others so that My Kingdom is advanced on earth.
Do not be afraid, just trust Me.

No comments: