Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Fear or Faith?

Mark 5:24-34
Jesus went with him and the crowd thronged behind. And there was a woman in the crowd who had had a hemorrhage for twelve years. She had suffered a great deal from many doctors through the years and spent everything she had to pay them, but she had gotten no better. In fact, she was worse. She had heard about Jesus so she came up behind him through the crowd and touched the fringe of his robe. For she thought to herself, "If I can just touch his clothing, I will be healed." Immediately the bleeding stopped and she could feel that she had been healed! Jesus realized at once that healing power had gone out from him, so he turned around in the crowd and asked, "Who touched my clothes?" His disciples said to him, "All this crowd is pressing around you. How can you ask, 'Who touched me?'" But he kept looking around to see who had done it. Then the frightened woman, trembling a the realization of what had happened to her, came and fell at his feet and told him what she had done. And he said to her. "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace. You have been healed."

Do you want to be part of the crowd or do you want to be My disciple?
Will you choose to focus on your problems, circumstances, sins or will you choose to focus on Me?
Make no mistake choosing to be My disciple will not make your life easy, but it won't be boring.
My healing is here- it's available to you.
Will you allow fear or faith to rule your life?
Faith is more than believing things about Me - it is about living out your beliefs.
It is in your behavior - but your behavior can't be your focus. I must be your focus.
Give Me your mind, your heart, your habits, your relationships, your influence.
Focus on Me. Claim My Healing in your life.
Stand out from the crowd and declare Me as the reason for your hope and I will heal you - I will change you.
Real change from the inside out.
Your "yes" has to go beyond belief.
When I say, "Follow Me," it's not about believing a set of right doctrines - it's not about religion - it's about relationship.
Believers obey and only the obedient are believers.
Does My Word say, "Well thought, good and faithful servant"? or "Well said, good and faithful servant"?
NO! My Word says, "Well done good and faithful servant."
Step out of the boat! Walk on water with Me!
Remember, just because the woman thought if she touched My robe she would be healed- that did not heal her.
She was healed when she took action on her beliefs and actually touched My robe.
Without her action, she would have stayed a part of the crowd, and she would not have been healed.
Faith is not a noun. It is an action verb.
Believe things about Me and never act on them,
OR
Believe in Me. Trust Me and live out our relationship in your life.
Be of the world,
OR
Be Mine.
Claim My Salvation and Healing,
Or
just think about it.
Never act, wait to see, and never believe,
OR
Believe, Act and See.
It is always your choice.
Hopeless life focused on Self,
OR
Abundant Life focused on Me and others.
Choose wisely.

No comments: