Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Forgiven

Proverbs 28:13
"People who cover over their sins will not prosper. But if they confess and forsake them, they will receive mercy."
Psalm 32:3-5
"When I refused to confess my sin, I was weak and miserable, and I groaned all day long. Day and night your hand of discipline was heavy on me. My strength evaporated like water in the summer heat. Finally I confessed all my sins to you and stopped trying to hide them. I said to myself, 'I will confess my rebellion to the Lord.' And you forgave me! All my guilt is gone.

The Deceiver wants you to believe you can hide from Me.
He wants you to deceive yourself into thinking you are better than you are - that really the sins you commit aren't so bad after all. So why think about them?
No need to confess and seek forgiveness because then you are covered by layers of sin and are further from Me and closer to him.
He knows your strength comes from your joy in Me and he will do anything he can to steal that from you.
Throw those filthy rags off!
Confess your sins. I forgave you before you even did them!
But you won't and can't live in My forgiveness as long as you deceive yourself into thinking you're better than you are and therefore have no need to bring your sins to the light.
Each time you try to go it alone - you add another layer that separates you from Me.
Layers of pride.
Pride must be peeled back for only in humility and brokeness can you find Me.
Admit your rebellion.
Admit when you don't do what you know is right.
Boldly approach My throne of grace and mercy - you are My child and you are welcome and loved beyond compare.
Do not be afraid, for I am with you.
I am about to do a new thing!
I have already begun.
Do you not see it?
You have confessed.
You are forgiven.
Your guilt is gone.
Wrap yourself in My mercy and love.

No comments: