Saturday, December 20, 2008

Be a seeker of God not pleasure

12-01-08

James 4: 2-4
“You want what you don’t have, so you scheme and kill to get it. You are jealous for what others have, and you can’t possess it, so you fight and quarrel to take it away from them. And yet the reason you don’t have what you want is that you don’t ask God for it. And even when you do ask you don’t get it because your whole motive is wrong – you want only what will give you pleasure. You adulterers! Don’t you realize that friendship with this world makes you an enemy of God? I say it again, that if your aim is to enjoy this world, you can’t be a friend of God.”


Don’t you know that I am your strength?
Depend on Me. Trust Me.
I am your Provider and your Provision.
Submit your will – declare your dependence on Me!
Enjoyment of this world is fleeting and the consequences can be devastating – physically, emotionally, relationally, and spiritually.
Enjoy Me and the rewards last for eternity.
This world, your flesh loves, belongs to the Evil One.
That is why loving this world makes you My enemy.
But My love conquers all – remember I have overcome the world!
So many things you struggle with are because you seek enjoyment and pleasure over Me.
You think these things will grant you peace, but I am the Prince of Peace. True Peace comes from knowing Me, loving Me, trusting Me.
Follow hard after Me.
I seek to peel back every layer of pride within you. That old nature that seeks “rights” and justice instead of compassion and mercy.
Every broken relationship is caused by pride – thinking your “rights” were violated. Even if they were, remember Christ died for every one of your sins though he had none. He gave up His rights and so must you.
You think you have a right to everything you want – that’s Pride.
Your heart cannot submit fully to My will while Pride and love for this world live there.
When you trust Me to provide and can declare your dependence on Me you shun the world.
People won’t understand, but they will see Me in you and want what you have.
What you have is Me – they will want Me.
I have wired you for relationship not just with Me but with others.
That is why I ask you to reconcile with others for you cannot draw close to Me when you have broken relationship with others.
Why do you care what others think? If they condescend or think you are stupid? What does that matter when you have Me?!
I love you!
You are special and unique.
All of My children are.
You must remember that just as you are My work in progress so is everyone that you know and meet.
When you are hurt – run to Me first and I will give you comfort.
So ask Me – search the motives in your heart.
Is what you want and the reason you want it to further My Kingdom in heaven or yours here on earth?
Don’t dwell in the past. Live in the present and count on Me for the future.
People will hurt and disappoint you as you will hurt and disappoint others. Give mercy as you seek mercy.
Remember I am with you to the end of the age and into all eternity.
I love you!

No comments: