Thursday, December 25, 2008

Born of the Spirit

John 1:12-13, John 3:8

"But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God. They are reborn! This is not a physical birth resulting from human passion or plan - this rebirth comes from God. "

"Just as you can hear the wind but can't tell where it comes from or where it is going, so you can't explain how people are born of the spirit."

Celebrate His human birth, but know that I sent Him to bring you spiritual birth.
Celebrate your birth unto Him. You were reborn and you are Mine.
I planned your rebirth and I knew exactly when it would happen and we celebrated in heaven when you accepted and believed.
But even more we celebrate each step you take closer to My Kingdom.
Each laying down of pride.
Each laying down of self.
Every gift offered for the sake and glory of Christ.
Wise men still seek Me and offer Me gifts.
Gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh.
Give your gold (money) for your treasures are stored in heaven not on earth.
Frankincense is the aroma of living your life for Me, of loving Me with all your heart, soul, mind and strength.
Myrrh you offer when your heart breaks for the same things my heart breaks for - the last, the lonely and the lost - when you truly love your neighbor as yourself.
Just as you feel the wind but can't see it, you feel Me, but can't see Me.
But focus on these things for they are eternal.
Remember the birth would have meant nothing but for the death and resurrection.
So set your eyes on your Jerusalem.
My purpose, My plan for you I reveal but one step at a time.
Walk in My will for your life.
Accept and respond.
You are reborn to Me.
You are My child.
Live in Me.
Celebrate Me.
Bring Me your gifts.
But more importantly bring Me yourself.
Lay down your life for Me.
Oh the beauty of a friend who says to Me, "Let it be so with me!"
The pure love, joy and peace of that kind of trust fills My heart.
Help Me bring heaven to earth every day.
Every touch.
Every smile.
Live in Me.
Praise Me.
Reach out to others.
Love others.
Cherish relationship with Me and with others.
For that makes you fully human, but lets you live in the abundance of the Divine.
I am yours and you are mine.
Give Christmas back to Me. I will show you how.
I love you.

No comments: