Saturday, December 20, 2008

Eternal fruit

12-15-08

John 15: 16-17
“You didn’t choose me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce fruit that will last, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using my name. I command you to love each other.”


Remember you would have no choice to make if I had not laid my life down for you. I gave all for you so that you could choose.
Accept My gift or reject it. However once accepted it is not a one time acceptance, but a daily acceptance as you have discovered.
The joy of your salvation is possible to have when you live in Me.
The fruit I speak of requires you to trust Me – to obey Me – to lay down your life for Me and for others.
If you love your life you will lose it, but if you lay down your life for Me and for others you will gain eternal, abundant life.
The fruit I speak of is to love with abandon.
Not love with a feeling though that will come, but to love with your actions.
Lay down your pride – stop seeking to have your own way and desires of power, control and possession will diminish.
Love, faith, and hope: those are the fruits that will last and the greatest is love.
To that desire I will give you what you ask so that others may be brought to My light, and I will be glorified. So that others eyes will be open to see what is unseen and hear what is unheard in the dark. My light reaches everywhere – darkness cannot hide.
I do not give hundreds of commands to follow – just two. Love Me, love others. Love others when they least deserve or expect it. That is how I love you. I laid My life for you – lay your life down for others and love them even when they don’t deserve it. That is the fruit I speak of.
I will give you what you ask when you ask in the spirit of producing lasting fruit, which is love, and you ask for My sake and for My glory, not yours.
Eternal fruit is the fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

No comments: