Monday, December 29, 2008

The Secret

Phillipians 4:11-13
"Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned to get along happily whether I have much or little. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me strength."

Being content, being happy is a by product of living in Me.
It is not the end, it is not the means to the end, this is My gift to you when you realize I stand between you and your circumstances.
Faith, trust, hope and love depend on you knowing this.
The secret is not allowing your circumstances to get between you and Me.
The world trys to sell you a bill of goods - telling you that that you can't be content without the next biggest toy or gadget, the best tasting food, the mind numbingness of alcohol and television. It's all around you, I know. But you can resist it.
Resist the Devil and he will flee.
Resist temptation, resist the pleasures of this world for they are temporary and fleeting and cannot make you content.
Christ is the Secret.
In Christ alone will you find happiness and contentment.
Your circumstances change daily. I stay the same yesterday, today and forever.
Rest in Me and you will find peace, happiness, and joy.
Only I can bring you these gifts - the world cannot for the world is temporary but I AM eternal.
The spark of eternity lives in you and that's why your heart is restless, joyless, peaceless, uncontented until it finds rest, joy, peace, and contentment in Me.
It is a daily learning, a daily turning to Me.
But I will give you strength to learn and turn, just show up and depend on Me.
What worldly thing will you give up today to show the world and yourself that you are learning the secret to being content whatever your circumstances?
With My help, you can give up worldly pleasure for eternal rest, peace and joy.
These are My gifts. I give them to you now because eternity with Me began the moment you said, "Yes," to Me.
So live your life in the knowledge that the secret to being content whatever your circumstances is to put Me between you and your circumstances.
That is faith, it is one of My many gifts to you while you live in the world.

No comments: