Thursday, December 18, 2008

Faith without works

11-4-08

James 2:14, 17, 24,26
“ My friends, what good is it to say you have faith, when you don’t do anything to show that you really do have faith? Faith that doesn’t lead us to do good deeds is alone and dead! You can now see that we please God by what we do and not only by what we believe. Anyone who doesn’t breathe is dead and faith that doesn’t do anything is just as dead.”


Faith without works is dead – it is not faith at all but a set of intellectual beliefs.
You think just because you have it all figured out in your head that you are good to go? A child of God?
I don’t think so!
Faith is real authentic relationship with Me. You can have all the knowledge about Me and still not live in Me!
Come! Live in Me!
Be with Me – love Me – love others – give yourself away with abandon!
Knowledge makes you feel superior, then you become the judge.
Only I can judge – that’s not your part. choose the better part choose Me Abide in Me.
Trust Me. Only I can give you life.
You say you believe. Now show others, not by what you say but how you act, how you live.
Breathe Me in and then give your breath away so I can once again fill you.
Each day you must be filled anew or our relationship becomes stale.
I alone have the Power – you have no Power without Me!
I am the Way, the Truth, the Life – come to Me!
I will show you – I will guide you – follow Me.
Draw near to Me and I will draw near to you. I am always here. I want to give you abundant, joy-filled life. Trust Me. Love Me.

No comments: