Saturday, December 20, 2008

Step out in faith

12-18-08

Isaiah 28:24-29

"Does a farmer always plow and never sow? Is he forever cultivating the soil and never planting it? Does he not finally plant His seeds for dill, cumin, wheat, barley and spelt, each in its own section of his land? The farmer knows just what to do, for God has given him understanding. He doesn’t thresh all his crops the same way… The Lord Almighty is a wonderful teacher, and he gives the farmer great wisdom.”

Sometimes it is time for action on your part.
Prepare for each new day and each circumstance with prayer, but then you must move forward.
I will act when you move forward in faith.
Yes there are times to wait, but there are also times to act. There are times when I wait for you.
Forward you must go – my confirmation follows.
Yes, cultivate by seeking Me in quiet time, prayer, worship, but don’t let it end there. You must go beyond your walls – beyond your comfort zone to live the life I am calling you to.
If you forever only pray and never act then you have wasted what I have prepared for you.
You are my hands, my feet, my heart, my eyes, my ears. Part of the work I do in you only comes to be when you let me work through you.
Reach out to others.
I am your teacher. I lead you. I guide you. Go when I say, “Go,” and stay when I say, “Stay.” If you have ears to listen, hear Me.
Just remember I will only give just enough light for the next step. That step must be taken for My light to reveal the next step.
I did not call you to this life to be a spectator but rather to participate – to be co-creator with Me. To sow. First to reap then to sow. Just as it would not make sense to reap and never sow, it does not make sense to know Me through prayer, Scripture and worship and never take Me beyond yourself.
Reap and then sow.
Always claim your dependence on Me for without Me you can do nothing, but also remember you have a part.
I will give you wisdom when you seek it, you just need to ask. Just put one foot in front of the other and soon you will be walking in My will- the adventure of your life!

No comments: